Greek hospitals are facing a severe shortage of funding that is leaving them lacking in medicines and supplies. Even crucial operations have to be postponed.The financial crisis has left the Greek health system having to deal with billions of euros in cuts. And a second round of cuts is on its way. On top of that, the government owes suppliers of medical materials around two billion euros, so clinics are seeing fewer and fewer new deliveries.Now desperate doctors have called in state prosecutors to find out whether the shortage of medical supplies is in fact endangering lives.
Greece: Clinics in Crisis
- Monaco’s Baroness Cecile de Mas... — Baronness Cecile de Massy, wife of Baron Christian Louis de Massy, son of the late Princess Antoinette of Monaco, and cousin of Prince Albert of Monaco. She is of Caribbean descent. Cecile is the highest ranked black person in Monaco. She is the patroness of Ladies Lunch Monaco. Among its activities, she is also Vice-President [...]
- Unknown African Billionaire? — Alhaji Aliko Dangote (born April 10, 1957) is a businessman based in Nigeria. He is the owner of the Dangote Group, which has operations in Nigeria and several other countries in West Africa. A wealthy supporter of erstwhile President Olusegun Obasanjo and the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Dangote controls much of Nigeria’s commodities trade [...]
- Science wants to know What Makes You ... — Which physical features light the flames of passion when we see a stranger across a crowded room? And why do women’s faces subtly change over the course of every month? –Model Panii Shirazi What makes you sexy and attractive to the opposite sex? Everyday, attraction starts the same way for millions of people around the world [...]
- Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics &... — They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but did that same euphemism exist in antiquity? –artwork Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics is a system of writing that utilized symbols to denote specific meanings. Many contemporary Egyptologists contend that the grouping of hieroglyphics symbols offers a phonetic pronunciation of the words utilized. They imply that these [...]
- Great Olympic Athlete: Florence Griff... — Nationality: American Ethnicity: African American She is considered the fastest woman of all time based on the fact that the world records she set in 1988 for both the 100 m and 200 m still stand and have yet to be seriously challenged. Olympic gold medalist Joyner brought style to track and field with form-fitting bodysuits, [...]