The motherhood penalty is a term coined by sociologists who argue that in the workplace, working mothers encounter systematic disadvantages in pay, perceived competence, and benefits relative to childless women.
Why women are losing
- A Woman’s Intuition Is Real? — Research published by the Royal Society indicates that a woman can accurately establish a man’s masculinity and his affinity for children simply by looking at a picture of his face. Women also made judgments about long-term and short-term relationships by looking at a man’s face. –Brazilian Model Larissa Diniz, UK Photographer Michael Sheller Women and men [...]
- Model: Nazanin Jafarian Ghaissarifa M... — Folarin Alakija, the son of Nigerian oil billionaire Folorunso Alakija married Iranian model Nazanin Jafarian Ghaissarifar during what was an extremely opulent ceremony — one that had the price tag of about $6.3 million. The groom’s mother, Folorunso Alakija, serves as the vice chair of Famfa Oil, a Nigerian oil company, and is considered one [...]
- Science Explains The Effects Money Ha... — “Once we started using money, we found very reliable activation in these emotional circuits. This suggests that it’s not just sex, it’s not just drugs, it’s not just food that activates these circuits, money also activates these circuits and it does so very powerfully.” Could the fact that an ancient part of our brain gets [...]
- Africa’s Richest Woman Is Worth... — Nationality: Angolan Ethnicity: African father & Russian mother. Isabel dos Santos is an Angolan investor considered by Forbes to be the richest woman not only in Angola, but the whole of Africa. In 2013, according to research by Forbes, her net worth had reached more than three billion US dollars, making her Africa’s first billionaire woman. She is [...]
- Science Explains How Poverty Changes ... — Poverty-related concerns consume mental resources Poverty Impedes Cognitive Function. The poor often behave in less capable ways, which can further perpetuate poverty. We hypothesize that poverty directly impedes cognitive function and present two studies that test this hypothesis.” Burden of Poverty Lacking money or time can lead one to make poorer decisions, possibly because poverty imposes [...]