In Burkina Faso, the rapid desertification of the once fertile plains of the Sahel caused droughts and ruined harvests, sparking a mass exodus of village inhabitants and famines that decimated populations. Yet remarkably, one illiterate peasant farmer and his ingenious farming methods have proved the key to achieving what experts have failed to do: stop the desert. This inspiring documentary tells the unique story of Yacouba Sawadogo, whose years of toil have transformed the lives of thousands.
The Man Who Stopped the Desert
- Ex-Model & Dancer: Baroness Moni... — Nationality: (Detroit, Michigan) American Ethnicity: African American She studied dance at Roland Dupree Dance Academy. Ms. Von Neumann is the first African-American woman to gain this honorable (Baroness) title. She has traveled the world and lived an astonishing life; a life about which most can only dream. Baroness Monica Von Neumann was married to the late Austrian [...]
- Alpha — An alpha male is the dominant male in a community or group. Zoologists and related scientists typically use the term to describe top-ranking male animals, but people also apply it to human beings, typically referring to adult men rather than boys. In either case, an animal or person with this label usually is an excellent [...]
- Science Explains The Effects Money Ha... — “Once we started using money, we found very reliable activation in these emotional circuits. This suggests that it’s not just sex, it’s not just drugs, it’s not just food that activates these circuits, money also activates these circuits and it does so very powerfully.” Could the fact that an ancient part of our brain gets [...]
- Africa’s Great Civilizations — Watch all six hours of Africa’s Civilizations on the PBS app or online! Major corporate support for Africa’s Great Civilizations is provided by Bank of America, Johnson & Johnson, and Ancestry. Major funding is also provided by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, the Ford Foundation, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the Gilder Foundation, the Corporation for [...]
- Science wants to know What Makes You ... — Which physical features light the flames of passion when we see a stranger across a crowded room? And why do women’s faces subtly change over the course of every month? –Model Panii Shirazi What makes you sexy and attractive to the opposite sex? Everyday, attraction starts the same way for millions of people around the world [...]