Pop singer Jamelia goes in search of the truth behind the multi-million pound human hair extensions industry. Jamelia grew up experimenting with hair extensions and nowadays they have become an essential part of her stage persona. From celebs to schoolgirls, women will spend anything from £20 to £2,000 to clip, glue or sew another girl’s hair on to their heads. This film accompanies Jamelia as she follows a trail of hair back to its roots. The international road trip takes her from the exclusive London salons to a dingy Moscow apartment where men trade human ponytails for cash, and to the hair sacrificing temples of Southern India. The journey brings her face to face with some of her worst fears when she witnesses hair being shaved from toddlers’ heads and a 13 year old who’s flogging her hair in exchange for pocket money. But she’s also humbled by her experience when she connects with women who still choose to sacrifice it for financial or religious purposes.
Pop singer Jamelia goes in search of the truth
- Star Trek Discovery Actress: Sonequa ... — Martin-Green was born in Russellville, Alabama. She has one sister and three older half-sisters. She had initially planned to become a psychologist before deciding to pursue a career in acting when she was in the tenth grade.On her decision to become an actor, she said, “I didn’t know I was going to be an actor [...]
- Power File Deluxe — The KISS New York Power File Deluxe Rechargeable Nail File Set is for use on finger- and toenails and is easy to handle due to its ergonomic design. It includes twelve interchangeable attachments with varying degrees of coarseness to shape, clean, polish nails and soften skin. Professional tools that work for you with an attractive [...]
- Gigi waxing kit — GiGi Mini Pro Hair Removal Waxing Kit is the ideal starter kit for the beginners in hair waxing or the price conscious professional. This kit contains all the necessary waxing essentials for a complete professional service. When you are ready to expand your salon menu to include profitable waxing services, GiGi Mini Pro Hair Removal [...]
- Ancient Grooming — The practice of grooming dates back at least 40,000 years. When archaeologists opened the tomb of King Tutankhamun they found a pot of three-thousand-year-old moisturizer made from animal fat and perfumed resin. In the British Museum there is a woman’s cosmetics box, also from Egypt, dating to about 1400B.C. Inside it are an ivory comb, [...]
- Model: Lauren Nicole Chin — Nationality: American Ethnicity: Chinese & Mix Heritage/Jamaican, African descent. She stands at 5’11 Ft Tall and has a beautiful hourglass shape. Ms. Chin was one of the models in the NAV – Some Way ft. The Weeknd music video. Famous Blasian Celebrities You Never Knew This beauty is signed to 4 modeling agencies: Wilhelmina Miami, Front Management, Runways the [...]