Pop singer Jamelia goes in search of the truth behind the multi-million pound human hair extensions industry. Jamelia grew up experimenting with hair extensions and nowadays they have become an essential part of her stage persona. From celebs to schoolgirls, women will spend anything from £20 to £2,000 to clip, glue or sew another girl’s hair on to their heads. This film accompanies Jamelia as she follows a trail of hair back to its roots. The international road trip takes her from the exclusive London salons to a dingy Moscow apartment where men trade human ponytails for cash, and to the hair sacrificing temples of Southern India. The journey brings her face to face with some of her worst fears when she witnesses hair being shaved from toddlers’ heads and a 13 year old who’s flogging her hair in exchange for pocket money. But she’s also humbled by her experience when she connects with women who still choose to sacrifice it for financial or religious purposes.
Pop singer Jamelia goes in search of the truth
- Model: Lauren Nicole Chin — Nationality: American Ethnicity: Chinese & Mix Heritage/Jamaican, African descent. She stands at 5’11 Ft Tall and has a beautiful hourglass shape. Ms. Chin was one of the models in the NAV – Some Way ft. The Weeknd music video. Famous Blasian Celebrities You Never Knew This beauty is signed to 4 modeling agencies: Wilhelmina Miami, Front Management, Runways the [...]
- Model: Sydney J. Harper — Nationality: American Ethnicity: Mix heritage/African descent. She stands at 5’9 Ft tall with hazel eyes. Ms. Harper is fluent in English and French. Some of her famous beauty assets are her dark chocolate skin, facial bone structure and hair to name a few. -Photographer DAVID BOOKER This beauty is signed to 5 modeling agencies, ELITE Miami/S. [...]
- Quote: Brazilian Culture – The ... — Quote: Everyone is in search of beauty – Brazilian Beauty Best Answer: Mixed gene pool. Brazilians descend from native South Americans, Africans and Europeans so they get the best of everywhere, and mix it up. It is also a hot weather climate where people are more easygoing. And Brazil is a festive, effusive, right-brained culture. [...]
- A Portrait of the first King of Haïti... — Quote: A rare find!! An intimate portrait of the first king of independent Haïti, Henri Ferdinand Christophe along with his wife And daughter circa 1811. – by an unknown artist of the Haitian school, circa 1811, Portrait of King Henri Christophe with his wife and daughter. Henri Christophe (1767-1820), reigned after the Haitian Revolution (1791-1804) [...]
- Ethiopian Princess Andromeda and Gree... — Aphrike in Greek means “without cold.” The word Ethiopia in Greek means “burnt complexion.” This maybe one of the oldest surviving ancient writings of an Interracial Couple. The beautiful Andromeda was the daughter of the Ethiopian king Cepheus and Queen Cassiopeia. One day, the vain Queen had bragged that her daughter Andromeda was more beautiful [...]