Pop singer Jamelia goes in search of the truth behind the multi-million pound human hair extensions industry. Jamelia grew up experimenting with hair extensions and nowadays they have become an essential part of her stage persona. From celebs to schoolgirls, women will spend anything from £20 to £2,000 to clip, glue or sew another girl’s hair on to their heads. This film accompanies Jamelia as she follows a trail of hair back to its roots. The international road trip takes her from the exclusive London salons to a dingy Moscow apartment where men trade human ponytails for cash, and to the hair sacrificing temples of Southern India. The journey brings her face to face with some of her worst fears when she witnesses hair being shaved from toddlers’ heads and a 13 year old who’s flogging her hair in exchange for pocket money. But she’s also humbled by her experience when she connects with women who still choose to sacrifice it for financial or religious purposes.
Pop singer Jamelia goes in search of the truth
- Power File Deluxe — The KISS New York Power File Deluxe Rechargeable Nail File Set is for use on finger- and toenails and is easy to handle due to its ergonomic design. It includes twelve interchangeable attachments with varying degrees of coarseness to shape, clean, polish nails and soften skin. Professional tools that work for you with an attractive [...]
- Gigi waxing kit — GiGi Mini Pro Hair Removal Waxing Kit is the ideal starter kit for the beginners in hair waxing or the price conscious professional. This kit contains all the necessary waxing essentials for a complete professional service. When you are ready to expand your salon menu to include profitable waxing services, GiGi Mini Pro Hair Removal [...]
- Goddess Of Beauty: Oshun — Oshun is a West African goddess: the deity of the river/fresh water, luxury, pleasure, sexuality, fertility, beauty and love. She is still alive in the hearts of many from Nigeria, Africa to the Diasporas of Brazil, Trinidad, Haiti and Cuba to name a few. Followers seek help for romantic problems from Oxum (Oshun); the orixá is [...]
- Science: Hourglass Shape = High IQ? — An hourglass figure speaks of high intelligence in a study of sixteen Thousand women (16,000). –Model Melyssa Ford Researchers at the University of Pittsburgh and the University of California have found that ladies with an hourglass figure can boast a higher level of intelligence than lanky or rounder women this can be explained by the fact [...]
- Ancient Grooming — The practice of grooming dates back at least 40,000 years. When archaeologists opened the tomb of King Tutankhamun they found a pot of three-thousand-year-old moisturizer made from animal fat and perfumed resin. In the British Museum there is a woman’s cosmetics box, also from Egypt, dating to about 1400B.C. Inside it are an ivory comb, [...]