All over the world electricity grids distribute alternating current. Today though, thanks to new technologies, direct current would be more energy efficient. Multinationals are pushing for the switch, which promises to be good business.
New technologies promise energy efficient power
- Africa’s Mega City? — So let’s look at how this megacity is trying to modernize. The biggest challenge Nigeria faces is a population pyramid that’s overwhelmingly bottom heavy. 61% are younger than 25—that’s a lot of jobs to create and houses to build in the coming years. Thanks for sharing! Govt approves $1.488bn for Lagos … – Premium Times [...]
- Seeing Color For The First Time — Color blindness affects millions of people worldwide. Most men are color blind, It affects 1 in 12 men and 1 in 200 women. CVD (Color Vision Deficiency) can be acquired, but most are inherited genetically. The genes that influence the colors inside the eyes, called ‘photopigments,’ are carried on the X chromosome. If these genes are [...]
- What is happening inside your brain w... — Hate involves both the interior, primitive parts of the brain? Our capacity for intense dislike of others of our species may date back as far as 150,000 years. When subjects saw someone they hated, most of the frontal cortex remained active. The more intensively a person said that he or she hated another person, the [...]
- Science: DNA Of Your Ancestors — The quest to understand who we are and where we come from has long depended on family lore. But when few relatives or traces of history are available, the search can leave the seekers feeling lost. Now, consumer genetics companies are stepping in where families can not. Popularized by US and British television shows featuring [...]
- Sequencing My Genome — For privacy reasons I will not post my specific genetic variations but will share & summarize some pretty interesting facts… 1 – Intelligence; longevity a May 2014 paper suggests this variant improves intelligence. Has higher cranial capacity. Another IQ gene? Better intracranial volume? Slightly increased lifespan? This is a well known longevity gene. Longer telomeres, [...]