Harder, better, faster — the Silicon Valley way of life. Where your mind is your money, some techies are turning to smart drugs to enhance brain performance.
- Biology: Humans Adapting to Climate E... — Body size and shape are significant factors in how efficiently an individual responds physiologically to cold and hot climates. When the environment is very cold, life can depend on the ability of our bodies to reduce heat loss and to increase internal heat production. As Bergmann and Allen observed, the human physiological response to cold [...]
- Science: Men with heavy brow ridges — Certain features of the face are built by testosterone,” said Helen Fisher. Those stereo-typically masculine features include a strong, square jaw, prominent brow ridges, high cheekbones, thin lips and a high forehead. What is a bit spooky is that upper body strength can even be read on a person’s face. What it is in the [...]
- Science: Female hormone fight off dis... — A Canadian study indicates that the female sex hormone oestrogen gives women’s immune systems added bite at fighting off infection. The researchers believe women may have evolved a more robust immune system because of their key role in producing and nurturing young. Oestrogen seems to counter an enzyme which blocks the inflammatory process. The researchers [...]
- A Woman’s Intuition Is Real? — Research published by the Royal Society indicates that a woman can accurately establish a man’s masculinity and his affinity for children simply by looking at a picture of his face. Women also made judgments about long-term and short-term relationships by looking at a man’s face. –Brazilian Model Larissa Diniz, UK Photographer Michael Sheller Women and men [...]
- Controversial Book: The Interbrain — Professor Tantam thinks the center for this brain wi-fi is in the prefrontal cortex, where the neuron activity associated with the senses of smell and sight are located. That activity may activate the sense of sight to make eye contact or pick up minute visual clues to what the other person might be thinking. This [...]